Sunday, June 20, 2010

Pumpkin Bread

For the past 12 weeks or so I've been having to do marking for Adelaide Uni maths dept, whilst it kept me from going mad when I didn't have a proper job, it had started to become a REAL chore. This weekend was the first weekend after the shackles have been removed - what did I do? Well I went into town and paid the final installments of my flights - I'm going home for 2 weeks for a friend's wedding - and then I went grocery shopping followed by a whole heap of cooking, which brings me nicely to the subject of today's post....

Pumpkin Bread


Ingredients:
A large handful Roasted pumpkin (I used butternut squash).
Pumpkin seeds
150ml warm water - less than for a standard loaf
500g white bread flour
2tsp yeast
2tsp sugar
pinch salt

Method
1. Roast the pumpkin in the oven until it's soft and sweet - use plenty of oil so that it doesn't stick, leave to cool and then mash with a fork.
2. Follow the method from my seeded white bread recipe, adding the mashed pumpkin when you add the liquid (don't forget to reduce the quantities - also note that there's no oil in this recipe as it's assumed that the pumpkin is roasted using oil).

I put seeds both in my loaf and on the top but they didn't stick properly on the top but they all fell off!

I'm not sure how it'll taste, but it's very yellow!

No comments:

Post a Comment