Thursday, March 11, 2010

Crochet and C++

It's been a while but I do have news. I have a 6 week (paid) C++ internship starting in a couple of weeks, yey! And I have started to learn how to crochet. This is a consequence of trying to find friends in a new city and having shipped my knitting needles and them not having arrived as yet.

So far I have made a double crochet coaster in jade! A coaster wasn't really my intention, but since I's started I continued on to a square! I shall be adding to this a variety of shapes and stitch types just to see if I can!

A friend of mine, who makes the most wonderful cakes (once her website is up and running I'll post a link), is getting married! Her boyfriend took her on a romantic weekend break to Prague and produced a ring! Congratulations Vicky and Andy!

I was already planning on using my new crochet skills to send her a present, I guess it'll now double as an engagement present - I suspect that Andy won't be too enamoured with it tho!

I'm off to crochet some more!

1 comment: